In·de·fat·i·ga·ble (of a person or their efforts) persisting tirelessly.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Entry 17 (hello again)

It's 78° out and my earl grey tea is just a bit hotter, it warms my legs as it rests rather precariously on my lap. It's dusk and the mosquitoes should be out and about by now but so far they've avoided me. My line of view consists mostly of clouds, big dark grey things contrasting against the only visible part of the sky which is a faded orange color, the sun having just kissed it goodnight, and gone to wake the other side of planet Earth. The cicadas nightly symphony is in full swing, filling the night air with noise. There's always so much noise even in the silence. The swing creaking under me, the footsteps of children inside going to bed, the aforementioned insects, the faroff thrum of vehicles-- silence in my small corner of the world is relative and never true.
As I sip my tea and sit in nostalgic quiet, I wonder about my future. What it will entail, who will accompany it, what pattern it will weave in the ever changing rhythm of my heart. I hope whatever happens will be worth writing down and reflecting on and sharing with the world, albeit in the form of a blog post that not many will read.
And now the bugs have discovered my presence and I flee indoors. It's almost time for me to sleep at any rate, and I need to finish getting ready. 
I hope to continue to write about my goings on and my heart, please stay if you would like. Pull up a chair, there's plenty of tea here and there's always some kind of sweet just out of the oven. Tell me about your day, if you feel so inclined. I hope to be seeing a lot more of you in the future. 


-Esther 

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. That's IT. I have email subscribed to your blog so I never have to realise two months later that you've posted (because I'm never caught up on things). :'(

    *pulls up a chair* How have you beeeen? Musings about the future can be intimidating, but there's so much potential for good, beautiful things too - that's something I need to always remember. This post has so much simple peaceful pleasure in it, though, that I feel like you've already got that down! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ESTHER!!! How are you?!? I lost access to my old email and to my blog account (because I didn't access them for so long on my mission...I talked with you about my mission, right? Anyways...) But I'd love to keep hearing from you!! I don't even know if I have your email still; I can't find it. But you can email me if you feel so inclined-- racheldniel@gmail.com.

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. I forget that it doesn't put my name anymore. This is Rae by the way :)

      Delete

I love comments and do my best to answer each and every one! I may be suuper late, but I will answer eventually so don't forget to click "Notify Me" so you can immediately see my response.

Entry 17 (hello again)

It's 78° out and my earl grey tea is just a bit hotter, it warms my legs as it rests rather precariously on my lap. It's dusk and th...