In·de·fat·i·ga·ble (of a person or their efforts) persisting tirelessly.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

sometimes it's hard to live



do you ever have trouble remembering why

you should b r e a t h e ?

do you ever fight to take a breath

because your   h e a r t  keeps asking is it really worth it?

do you choke over a response

when someone asks "how are you?"

and get so caught up in the lie of

i ' m  f i n e


that you forget to ask them back?



sometimes... its hard to live


its hard to remember what makes life


w o r t h   i t .



i'm here to tell you,

that lie that everyone tells you

to get you to calm down


at least, it feels like a lie

like a promise that no one can keep

like opening your lungs to breathe under water 

only to find that 

there was no air to breathe 


its gonna be okay 


because i know it feels bleak

God, I know it feels like you're never going to get out 

of this pit of darkness


i know it feels like your life isn't worth it anymore 


but please. please.  s t a y  


you will never be able to return 

if you turn your back 

on life now 


waves come and then go 

rain clouds dry of rain 

you will wash up on shore 

coughing up water

gasping for breath

you will be exhausted 

you will be soaked through 

and dirty 

and cold

you will never be the same.


but you will be alive. 


the storm will pass,

and as you cough out salt water from your lungs, 

and as you suck in breaths of the cold morning air 

remember 

that you were worth fighting for 

that every second of pain 

built up to this moment 

when you would be free 

and you would feel wind in your hair and the sun on your skin and the grass under your feet 

and know 

that you did it 

you made it 

you won the war for your life 

the darkness did not 


i know it feels like 

you're losing the battle

right now,

and i know 

its hard to exist sometimes

so don't make it complicated

don't worry if you can't do everything

you want to do

for now, breathe

allow yourself

to just

b r e a t h e 


5 comments:

  1. I don't even know how to thank you for this, sweet Esther. What an amazing beautiful post. I hope more people find it <3
    Please stay. <3 <3 <3
    A few hours ago, I found out that a good friend of mine died-probably by suicide (we aren't positive yet because his family won't release any information).
    This post came at the perfect moment. Please know how much it has touched my heart- but even more how much you touch my heart. How amazing and wonderful you are. You are so special + God loves you SO much.
    Hugs, my friend <3 xxxooo

    Sophy of sophyslighthouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs so tight*
      thank you dearest, I'm glad it resonated with you as much as it did me. I am so so sorry to hear about your friend, please don't hesitate to talk to me if you ever need someone. I'm here.
      thank you dear Sophy thank you so much <3<3
      this post is for me as much as for anyone else, honestly i think i've been needing to hear this for a while.
      anyyway, thank you for commenting!! <3333333

      Delete
  2. Wow. This is so powerful and so, so beautiful. I loved it 💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Found you because I was looking up the Montgomery quote . . . and just read this, and got choked up. Completely captured what I felt like I went through the last two years battling Lyme. (On the other side now!) Thank you for this. (Also made me think of Avril Lavigne's Head Above Water.) Take care! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and do my best to answer each and every one! I may be suuper late, but I will answer eventually so don't forget to click "Notify Me" so you can immediately see my response.

Entry 17 (hello again)

It's 78° out and my earl grey tea is just a bit hotter, it warms my legs as it rests rather precariously on my lap. It's dusk and th...