In·de·fat·i·ga·ble (of a person or their efforts) persisting tirelessly.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Nae saian luume'

Yes, it has been far too long! I think I ought to do more scribbling on this blog, since it is indefatigable. :) So, I wrote this poem for a Thursday Poetry Challenge and I liked it a lot. It is supposed to be in Roald Dahl style, if you don't know what that means, just read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Or Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, that one is good too. You know what? Read as many as you can get your hands on! That's what I do.
Oh, I also drew a comic strip to go with it. I got bored in the middle of coloring it, so it's not finished, and my camera and the lighting are... not the best. Also, I've never done comic style drawings before, I'm not sure how I like it... But I love comments!  So please comment.



Looking out the window
Of our blue schoolhouse today
I spied a Elefendoe
Walking on the lawn




I glanced over at my teacher
Droning at her desk
Like a giant creature
But she wouldn't notice me



I'd have planned it out so well
It would go without a hitch
Oh boy! I thought. Just swell!
Just the thing for show and tell!


I drew out on a paper
The trap I had in mind.
Perhaps I'd make It caper
Or sell it to the zoo


Oh boy, all that dough!
I just couldn't wait
And- goodness! What do you know!
Now, by gosh, there's TWO!




I'd need a lot more wood chips
And some water from the well
I'd also throw a dash of pips
(They'd go nuts for those)



‘When mom asks me along the way
Walking home from school
What have you learned today?
Division, verbs or art?’


‘Why Mom!’ I'll say, loud and clear
You think I'd learn that junk?
I'd sooner-



Then there came a SWAT!!
And I woke up in  hurry
Gone were They, and that was that.
Boy, did Teacher pop her cork.



Another thing, if you would like me to post about anything in particular, just tell me! I think I might start doing my Monday Minute's Challenge on here, as well as Thursday's Poetry Challenge. Wadya think? 
P. S. It's kind of hard to read the words, but that's okay because the only things that were said were: *sigh* (In the first picture) and 'Listen up, you dopes!!!' (The Teacher's first words. Enjoy!
             ~E

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and do my best to answer each and every one! I may be suuper late, but I will answer eventually so don't forget to click "Notify Me" so you can immediately see my response.

Entry 17 (hello again)

It's 78° out and my earl grey tea is just a bit hotter, it warms my legs as it rests rather precariously on my lap. It's dusk and th...