In·de·fat·i·ga·ble (of a person or their efforts) persisting tirelessly.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Entry 14

5/18/2017
Mum is rubbing the knots of tight muscles out of my neck. Gosh they build up quick.
Meg is talking non-stop.
“This is nineteent, mom.”
“Nineteent?”
“Yeah.” She wanders over to me. “What is thirty-ninety?” She asks
“Um.. I don't know.” I tell her, to which she says
“Its sixteent!!” As if its obvious.
“Oohh.” I return. “Of course.” Then she points to my shirt.
“Whehw is it on thehw? Find it.” She demands, just like a proper school teacher. I glance down at my shirt.
Its black with the eleventh Doctor’s silhouette and the words he says to Amy:
“All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, every star that ever was- where do you want to start?”
“Uhhhh, I dunno.” I say, just like a proper(ly bored) student.
She points to the swirly S in start.
“Thehw!”
I frown, and then nod sagely.
“Oh yeah!”



Isaac runs out to the bread man.
Hola chiquito!” He says, “¿Como estas?” (hello, little boy! How are you?)
Bien! ¿Y tu?” Isaac exclaims. (Good! And you?)
Then Rachel comes out with a drink of water for the man.
Buenas!” He says, followed by “Gracias.”
Rachel, Meg, Isaac and Dad are all buying bread- ten cordobas (about 30 cents) a loaf. We usually buy six loaves for French toast in the morning.
“Adios!” is exchanged and the bread man leaves.



We are eating dinner- watermelon, stinky feet cheese, homemade tortilla chips, guacamole, leftover rice with eggs and bacon. I am in the midst of putting guacamole on chips when-
The power goes off.
“Well, would you look at that.” I say, amidst groans and other exclamations of annoyance.
“I'll get the candles.” Rachel says.
I fumble in the dark till I reach my phone and then I go back to eating.
I dislike stopping in the middle of anything, but especially eating.
The kids return soon after with candles and flashlights.
“Heh!” Becky laughs, “We all run around and Esther just sits there and eats!”
“Nuh uh! I got my flashlight first!” I laugh back.
A while into dinner and the lights return.
“Well would you look at that.” I say.

Meg is singing a mournful dirge now, and I don't remember what happens next, as I forgot to write it so that is where this will end.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, Meg is so cute!!!
    I love, love your storytelling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so well done!! love the last sentence haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!! hahaha yeah it's pretty great. I don't even remember why she was singing so sad a song, but yeah. She's Meg.
      thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. "Well would you look at that." So chill. My siblings and I get SO HECTIC when the power goes off like, "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE WHAT DO WE DO?? SOMEONE START A FIRE BEFORE WE FREEZE TO DEATH, WE NEED WATER, OMG I THINK THE AIR IS GETTIG THINNER" and so on.

    Love these, I should write more of these on my blog. Just like journal entries, preserving the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA I guess I'm used to it happening?? Lol that's great.
      You should!! It's a lot of fun, and OF COURSE I'M A CREEPY STALKER WHY WOULD YOU THINK OTHERWISE I WANT TO KNOW THE INNER WORKINGS OF YOUR LIFE SO I CAN... UM... DO SOMETHING CREEPY AND STALKERISH got any ideas??

      Delete

I love comments and do my best to answer each and every one! I may be suuper late, but I will answer eventually so don't forget to click "Notify Me" so you can immediately see my response.

Entry 17 (hello again)

It's 78° out and my earl grey tea is just a bit hotter, it warms my legs as it rests rather precariously on my lap. It's dusk and th...